Friday, March 11, 2011

(N)o (F)ootball (L)eague 1 – SO WATCH ARENA FOOTBALL

Admittedly, this is something I've wanted to do more of, but as a compliment to my NFL-watching, as opposed to a substitute. It's the potato salad that comes with the smoked ribs. Smoked ribs are awesome, and are fine on their own, but a little bit of potato salad is always welcome. But would I ever imagine getting into my (now strictly hypothetical) car and driving somewhere to JUST get potato salad? Nope. And that's I've got for the next year. Friggin' potato salad.

I caught the end of the first week matchup of the Philadelphia potato salad hosting the Pittsburgh potato salad. I, as I usually do, completely forgot that potato salad would be on TV tonight. I'm just not quite adjusted to making myself excited for a big helping of potato salad.

The fans always seem to have a good time- the rule, supposedly, is whatever goes in to the crowd at a potato salad game, the fans keep. So they go through quite a few balls, I'd image, as the whole field is about as long as the line at 7-Eleven.

The best (worst) part about the potato salad game is that it aired on the NFL Network, and they promoted two things heavily during the broadcast:
  1. Friday nights are alright for football, Arena football, and

  2. THERE IS GOING TO BE A LOCKOUT OMG DON'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL THE GAME'S ALMOST OVER PLEASE STAY!!!
That second point scrolled across the bottom ticker the entire time I was watching (ten minutes). I felt like the NFL was rubbing it in my face to teach me a lesson, and I'm still not sure what I did wrong, but it must have been very, very bad. I wish I had photoshop skills, because I'd make a jpeg of me pooping on Al Davis' desk or something with the caption “BAD DATHAN.”

I'll watch an entire game next week (Chicago potato salad will be featured) and I'll have to take in a game early this season. You know, before the potato salad goes bad. If it isn't already.


1 comment: